Req ID: GAQ424R9
While candidates in the listed locations are encouraged for this role, we are open to remote candidates in other locations.
As Databricks continues to expand globally, immigration and mobility are foundational to the business. The Sr. Global Mobility Partner will report to the Sr. Manager, Global Mobility and will perform a high impact role on the Databricks People team. This role will act as a critical thought partner to the Sr. Manager and will focus on end-to-end design and scaling of Databricks immigration program, with an emphasis on best in class employee experience and operational efficiency.
The impact you will have:
- You will provide strategic guidance and operational recommendations for program design
- You will identify challenges and research root causes, escalating to the Sr. Manager Global Mobility to collaborate on scalable solutions
- You will oversee the core compliance for all US immigration and conduct periodic audits
- Together with Databricks immigration specialists, you will be a primary contact for US immigration inquiries and escalations
- You will be responsible for the full immigration case cycle from pre-hire through green card issuance, and will collaborate closely with outside counsel to prepare and file cases.
- You will monitor progress for all U.S. immigration cases together with external immigration counsel, identifying long-term sponsorship issues and collaborating on long-term strategic solutions with the Sr. Manager and applicable stakeholders.
What we look for:
- Deep technical knowledge of US immigration
- Experience designing and scaling an immigration program
- 8+ years of immigration experience in immigration & Global Mobility
- In-house immigration experience required with preference for additional experience at a law firm
- General understanding of international expatriate assignments and transfers
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s preferred
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range(s) for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above. For more information regarding which range your location is in visit our page here.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 10,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, Grammarly, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform to unify and democratize data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe and was founded by the original creators of Lakehouse, Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.