At Databricks, we are passionate about enabling data teams to solve the world's toughest problems — from making the next mode of transportation a reality to accelerating the development of medical breakthroughs. We do this by building and running the world's best data and AI infrastructure platform so our customers can use deep data insights to improve their business. Founded by engineers, we leap at every opportunity to tackle technical challenges, from designing next-gen UI/UX for interfacing with data to scaling our services and infrastructure across millions of virtual machines. And we're only getting started.
To allow our customers to unlock the full potential of the Lakehouse, we must equip them with the means to ensure they aren't surprised by an over-budget invoice. You will help define the roadmap of features that allows budget owners to sleep soundly at night knowing they have the means of implementing controls on their Databricks deployment - especially serverless resources - and detecting anomalies quickly. This will help accelerate the adoption of Databricks within customer organizations, and move us towards our mission to democratize data, while avoiding unpleasant surprises from runaway queries or unintended mistakes.
The impact you will have:
- You will establish a set of primitives to allow customers to automate the boring parts of governance through UI and command line interfaces
- Use AI to detect spend anomalies quickly with a high level of signal to noise
- Ensure that customers have the ability to implement cost controls at scale so that tens of thousands of users can benefit from Databricks tools without putting their team budget at risk
- Keep pace with the industry-leading speed of the Databricks Lakehouse by offering customers industry-leading latency on budget alerts and anomaly detection
What we look for:
- 5+ years of b2b product management experience
- Experience with customer conversations, writing PRDs, determining success metrics, prioritizing features, guiding engineering and design work.
- Experience with conveying ideas simply in written form.
- Familiarity with consumption based cloud technologies, e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP
- Data analysis skills (SQL or Python, in-product behavior analysis in Google Analytics, Heap or similar products)
- Product Management experience with a passion for improving user experience
- Work well across multiple teams in the company
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range(s) for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above. For more information regarding which range your location is in visit our page here.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 10,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, Grammarly, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform to unify and democratize data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe and was founded by the original creators of Lakehouse, Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.