We’re looking for a Business Development Representative to represent Databricks to prospective customers. This role is perfect for a sales professional early on in their career, looking to help scale out a game-changing enterprise software company and develop their sales career. Reporting to the Sales Development Manager, you will be part of a dynamic team of like-minded individuals and have the opportunity to really make a difference in a budding regional team.
The impact you will have:
- Partner with the wider sales team to develop territory strategy, build pipeline, and drive adoption
- Helping to Identify potential Databricks use cases to help grow consumption within customer/prospect accounts
- Self-starter, eager to learn and develop on solution selling, Big Data & AI
- Problem solver, strong communicator, and ability to learn technical sales
- Be customer-centric. Provide a great customer experience for Databricks’ prospective customers
- Maintain active inbound and outbound communications with prospects using creative follow-up, including personalized email, cold calling, and social selling
What we look for:
- 2+ years of sales or business development experience
- Ability to understand technical concepts and a genuine enthusiasm for technology
- Determination and courage to succeed and lean in to build the next best enterprise software company
- Consistent, measurable over-achievement in past experiences
- Curiosity and hunger to learn and stay up-to-date about the big data/AI industry
- Desire to build a career in technology sales
- A high degree of ownership and grit
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Business travel accident insurance
- Mental wellness resources
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range(s) for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above. For more information regarding which range your location is in visit our page here.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 10,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, Grammarly, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform to unify and democratize data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe and was founded by the original creators of Lakehouse, Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.