Meshing About with Databricks
- Moscone South | Level 2 | 202
- 35 min
Large enterprises are increasingly de-centralizing their data teams to increase overall business agility. The cloud has been a big enabler for teams to become more autonomous in the data products they prioritize, the technology they choose, and the ability to attribute costs granularly.
In order for organizations to successfully realize such aspirations, it is in their best interest to shift from centralized teams and centralized technology to a more distributed ecosystem built around business domains.
The data mesh is an architecture paradigm that many enterprises are looking to adopt to realize this vision. It proposes that distributed autonomous domains leverage self-serve data infrastructure as a platform to enable their work of creating and maintaining sharable data products.
This session will explain how Databricks can be used to implement a Data Mesh across an enterprise.
We will demonstrate how:
- A new data team can be onboarded quickly
- Consumers can discover data products and their lineage
- Domains can publish data products and set governance policies
- Data can be accessed within and external to the enterprise
- Analysis can be shared