Migrating From a Data Warehouse to a Data Lakehouse for Dummies
Enterprise data warehouses offer features essential to running a business, but they limit your benefits by creating complexity, introducing data management issues and hindering innovation. With a modern data architecture, you no longer need to operate two competing data architectures — data warehouses and data lakes. You can run your SQL and BI workloads where all your data already resides — your data lake.
That’s why you should migrate to the Databricks Lakehouse, a simple, open and multicloud platform that offers better price/performance and fine-grained governance for your data warehouse workloads — as well as scalable AI — all while helping you optimize your total cost of ownership by simplifying your data architecture.
In this eBook, you’ll learn how to:
- Assess your company’s data maturity
- Prioritize your data and AI strategy
- Manage all your unique data types in one place
- Evaluate top considerations for your data warehouse migration
- Maximize your benefits from enterprise data