Real-time IoT device management at scale
Vertical Use Case: IoT,Real-time device management,Process optimization
Technical Use Case: Ingest/ETL,Machine Learning
"Databricks’ unified platform has helped foster collaboration across our data science and engineering teams which has impacted innovation and productivity."
— John Landry, Distinguished Technologist at HP, Inc.
HP Inc. was created in 2015 when Hewlett-Packard was split into two separate companies, HP Enterprise, and HP Inc. HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through a portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, their stated mission is to engineer experiences that amaze.
- Siloed data: Data stored in multiple systems, in multiple places, that was hard to access and analyze
- Existing tools difficult to manage: Reliance on old data warehousing technologies and tooling resulting in heavy DevOps work, which typically fell on the data science team
Databricks provides HP Inc. with a scalable, affordable, unified analytics platform that allows them to predict product issues and uncover new customer services:
- Simplified management of Apache Spark™: Turnkey unified platform removed infrastructure complexity and empowered the data scientists to focus on the data and not DevOps
- Analysis of high volume data in flight: Analyze data from more than 20 million devices with a seamless workflow
- Improved collaboration and productivity: a unified platform for business analysts, data scientists, and subject matter experts