External User Terms
These External User Terms (“External User Terms”) are entered into by and between the individual or organization accessing the External User Workspace, as defined below (“You”) and Databricks, Inc. (“Databricks” or “we”). These External User Terms are a Schedule to the Master Cloud Service Agreement ("MCSA"). Together, these External User Terms and MCSA comprise the “Agreement” governing Your use of the Platform Services as an External User. Capitalized terms used but not defined in these External User Terms have the meaning assigned to them in the MCSA. You hereby agree to the Agreement by clicking “Accept” or through any other indication of agreement to these External User Terms, or by accessing any External User Workspace made available to You by Databricks on behalf of the named Customer paying Databricks for such Workspace.
- Use of the Platform Services as an External User.
- Generally. Unless otherwise indicated in this Schedule, the terms of the MCSA apply to Your use of the Platform Services as an External User of a Customer. Where the MCSA uses the term “Customer”, it shall be deemed to refer to You unless stated otherwise in this Schedule. Where this Schedule uses the term “Customer”, it shall refer to the Customer who invited You to use the External User Workspace.
- Additional Definitions for External Users. The following terms are added to the MCSA and (to the extent of a conflict) supersede the MCSA where a term is already defined within the MCSA:
- “Customer Services” means services which Customer offers to External User, which requires use of the Platform Services.
- “External User” means an Authorized User of the Platform Services who has been invited to join a Workspace set up by Customer.
- “External User Workspace” means a Workspace operated by Customer which has had one or more External Users added to it.
- Limited Use of the Platform Services; No Support. External User may use the External User Workspace as an Authorized User of Customer, subject at all times to the Agreement and to any restrictions Customer places on the use of the External User Workspace. Without limiting the foregoing,
- Customer may use the External User Workspace solely to receive the Customer Services and for no other purposes, and that accordingly, Customer may not make available more Customer Content to the External User Workspace than is necessary to permit External User to receive the Customer Services;
- External User may only use the External User Workspace while External User is under written agreement with the Customer to receive the Customer Services and for so long as Customer has an active Order with Databricks for the use of the Platform Services;
- Customer, and not External User, is Databricks’ ‘customer’ with respect to the use of the External User Workspace and accordingly Databricks shall have no obligations directly to External User related to the use of the External User Workspace (including, for example, Databricks will not be responsible for providing Support to External User);
- External User acknowledges Customer is responsible for managing the External User Workspace and will therefore have access to any Customer Content made available to the External User Workspace by External User; and
- Without limiting the foregoing, External User may not use the External User Workspace to replace its use of the Platform Services under any Order or other agreement External User executes or has executed with Databricks for the direct use of the Platform Services by External User as a ‘Customer’.
- Platform Deployment. You, the External User, acknowledge that External User Workspaces will be deployed based on configurations determined between External User and Customer. Databricks may rely on instructions from either the External User or Customer regarding External User Workspaces.
- Additional Authorized Users. If Customer permits External User to add additional Authorized Users, such Authorized Users must be (i) employees or agents of External User, and (ii) designated as External Users (if provided an option within the Platform Services to designate an Authorized User as an ‘Internal User’ or ‘External User’ or similar). For the avoidance of doubt, External User is not permitted to provide access to the Platform Services to third parties for such third parties’ own uses.
Last Updated August 15, 2023. For earlier versions, please send a request to [email protected] (with “External User Terms Request” in the subject).