Here’s our recap of what’s transpired with Apache Spark since our previous digest.
- Databricks Apache Spark Survey 2016 Report published and now available.
- Databricks’ Chief Architect Reynold Xin joined Intel’s Michael Greene in a keynote at the JavaOne Conference: Apache Spark is the Pokemon Go of Big Data.
- Apache Spark and Databricks won Datanami Readers’ and Editors’ Choice Awards for Machine Learning, Real-time Analytics, Best Startup and More..
- Databricks’ Chief Technologist and Co-founder Matei Zaharia presented “Unifying big data workloads in Apache Spark” at @Scale Conference.
- Apache Spark Community Voice from CERN: Luca Canali of CERN shared Apache Spark 2.0 Performance Improvements Investigated With Flame Graphs in his blog.
- Databricks’ Jules S. Damji and Sameer Farooqui published 7 Steps to Mastering Apache Spark 2.0 in KDnuggets.
- Databricks released integration utilities for using Apache Spark with Apache Avro data as a Spark package.
- Databricks’ Ram Sriharsha and Xiangrui Meng conducted Ask Me Anything: State of Apache Spark at Strata + Hadoop World NYC.
- Databricks’ Xiangrui Meng presented Recent Development in SparkR for Advanced Analytics at Strata + Hadoop World NYC
- Databricks’ Ram Sriharsha presented The State of Apache Spark and What’s Next after Apache Spark 2.0 at Strata + Hadoop World NYC.
- Apache Spark 2.0.1 Released. Try it on Databricks Community Edition.
See all Engineering Blog posts
Try Databricks for free