It's been only 18 months since we announced Databricks SQL general availability - the serverless data warehouse on the Lakehouse - and we are thrilled and humbled by the adoption and impact it has gained in the community. With thousands of customers worldwide, and already over $100 million in recurring revenue, Databricks SQL is one of the fastest growing product at Databricks, confirming that the best data warehouse is a lakehouse!
To learn more, simply watch our most recent virtual event The Case for Moving to the Lakehouse co-presented with Fivetran and dbt, and we will have much more coming at Data + AI Summit. Below is a list of related sessions, tutorials, and trainings for you to dive in.
Join us on Wednesday, June 28, where we will be announcing new capabilities related to Generative AI, data and AI governance, and Databricks SQL. To give you a sneak peak, we will cover how we are radically rethinking the system building to achieve the next level performance and ease-of-use with AI on the Lakehouse.
We also have a fantastic lineup of speakers and sessions throughout the conference. Join experts from Akamai, AT&T, Michelin, Banco Bradesco, Intel, Apple, Microsoft, Amazon Web Services, Fivetran, MongoDB, Databricks and more for real-life examples and deep dives on Databricks SQL and Data Warehousing on the Lakehouse.
- Internet-Scale Analytics: Migrating a Mission Critical Product to the Cloud with Yaniv Kunda, Senior Software Architect at Akamai
- Building and Managing Data Platform for 13+ PB Delta Lake and 1000s of Users: AT&T's Story with Praveen Vemulapalli, Director of Technology at AT&T and Jegadeesan Pugazhenthi, Lead Big Data Engineer, AT&T
- Using Databricks to Power Insights and Visualizations on the S&P Global Marketplace, Onik Kurktchian, Head of S&P Global Marketplace Workbench at S&P GLOBAL
- Self-Service Geospatial Analysis Leveraging Databricks, Apache Sedona, And R with Cort Lunke, Data & Analytics Lead at Truterra, Land O'Lakes
- Making Travel More Accessible For Customers Bringing Mobility Devices with Sidharth Kunnath, Principal Architect, and Teja Tangeda, Principal Data Engineer at American Airlines
- Jet Streaming Data and Predictive Analytics: How the Lakehouse and Apache Spark™ Enable Collins Aerospace to Keep Aircraft Flying with Sanket Amin, Senior Manager of CAS Data Science and Analytics at Collins Aerospace
- Data Democratization with Lakehouse: An Open Banking Application Case with Pedro Boareto, Chapter Leader of Analytics Engineering and Fabio Luis Correia da Silva, Architecture Specialist at Banco Bradesco
- Data Democratization at Michelin with Philippe Leonhart, Digital Transformer, Corporate Business Services and Fabien Cochet, IT Expert on Data and Analytics at Michelin
- How Rec Room Processes Billions of Events Per Day with Databricks and RudderStack with Lewis Mbae, Head of Customer Engineering at RudderStack and Albert Hu, Senior Analytics Engineer at Rec Room
- Activate Your Lakehouse with Unity Catalog with Anup Segu, Co-Head of Data Engineering at YipitData
- Sponsored by: Alation | Unlocking the Power of Real-Time Data to Maximize Data Insights with Raghu Jayachandran, Senior Manager Enterprise Data at RaceTrac Inc.
- Sponsored by: dbt Labs | Modernizing the Data Stack: Lessons Learned From the Evolution at Zurich Insurance with Jose L Sanchez Ros, Head of Data Solution Architecture and Gerard Sola, Data Engineering Tech Lead at Zurich Insurance Group
- Sponsored by: Matillion | How OurFamilyWizard Made Moving and Transforming Data for their Databricks Delta Lake Easy with Matillion with Beth Mattson, Sr Data Engineer at OurFamilyWizard and Jamie Baker, Dir of Product at Matillion
- Best Exploration of Columnar Shuffle Design with Binwei Yang and Rong Ma, Software Engineers at Intel
- Improve Apache Spark™ DS v2 Query Planning Using Column Stats from Huaxin Gao and Parth Chandra, Software Engineers at Apple
- Processing Delta Lake Tables On AWS Using AWS Glue, Amazon Athena, And Amazon Redshift with Akira Ajisaka, Senior Software Development Engineer, and Noritaka Sekiyama, Principal Big Data Architect at Amazon Web Services
- Sponsored by: Microsoft | Next-Level Analytics With Power BI And Databricks with Bob Zhang, Senior Technical Program Manager, and Mahesh Prakriya, Director in Intelligence Platform at Microsoft
- Making The Shift To Application-Driven Intelligence with Mat Keep, Senior Director, MongoDB Products Team and Ashwin Gangadhar, Senior Solutions Architect at MongoDB
- If a Duck Quacks in the Forest and Everyone Hears, Should You Care? with Ryan Boyd, Co-founder at MotherDuck
- Delta-rs, Apache Arrow, Polars, WASM: Is Rust the Future of Analytics? with Oz Katz, CTO at Treeverse and co-creator of lakeFS
- Sponsored by: Fivetran | Elevating the Customer Experience: How Condé Nast Optimized Data Movement with Fivetran & Databricks with Lauren Schwartz, Vice President of Enterprise Sales at Fivetran
- Sponsored by: Qlik | Extracting the Full Potential of SAP Data for Global Automotive Manufacturing with Matthew Hayes, Vice President of SAP Business, Qlik
- Sponsored by: ThoughtSpot | Drive Self-Service Adoption Through the Roof with Embedded Analytics with Krishti Bikal, Senior Executive - Director BI & Analytics at Emerald and Vika Smilansky, Director of Product Marketing at ThoughtSpot
- Databricks SQL: Why The Best Serverless Data Warehouse Is A Lakehouse with Miranda Luna, Sr Staff Product Manager and Cyrielle Simeone, Principal Product Marketing Manager at Databricks
- What's New In Databricks SQL -- With Live Demos with Can Efeoglu, Staff Product Manager at Databricks
- Databricks SQL Serverless Under the Hood: How We Use ML to Get the Best Price/Performance with Gaurav Saraf, Sr. Staff Product Manager, Mostafa Mokhtar, Principal Software Engineer and Jeremy Lewallen, Staff Product Manager at Databricks
- Best Practices For Setting Up Databricks SQL At Enterprise Scale with Siddharth Bhai, Sr. Manager, Product Management, Paul Roome, Staff Product Manager, Jeremy Lewallen, Staff Product Manager and Samrat Ray, Senior Staff Product Manager at Databricks
- Building Apps on the Lakehouse with Databricks SQL with Adriana Ispas, Staff Product Manager at Databricks and Chris Stevens, Senior Staff Software Engineer at Databricks
- Unlock The Next Evolution Of The Modern Data Stack With The Lakehouse Revolution -- With Live Demos with Franco Patano and Kyle Hale, Product Specialists at Databricks
- Unleashing Large Language Models with Databricks SQL's AI Functions with Yu Gong and Shitao Li, Software Engineers at Databricks
- Under the Hood: Intelligent Workload Management with Priyam Dutta, Sr. Staff Engineer at Databricks
- Going Beyond SQL: Python UDFs in Unity Catalog for all your Lakehouse with Jakob Mund, Sr. Product Manager at Databricks
- Deep Dive: Using Databricks SQL for Data Analytics and Data Warehousing on the Lakehouse with Pearl Ubaru, Sr. Technical Marketing Engineer and Megan Fogal, Solutions Architect at Databricks.
- You can also join our Paid Training | Introduction to Databricks SQL and Paid Training | Data Analysis with Databricks SQL on Monday June 28 for a hands-on experience!
You can browse through our entire sessions catalog from Data + AI Summit 2023 too! Top experts, researchers and open source contributors from Databricks and across the data and AI community will speak at Data + AI Summit, so you will be in good company!
Join us at Data + AI Summit 2023 to learn more.