Azure Databricks Essentials
Virtual event, delivered online by Databricks in cooperation with Microsoft
Who this is for:
Customers & Microsoft Partners who are planning on building out a use case in Azure get an introduction to the Lakehouse (on Azure). The output of this day will be the base understanding on how to setup, use and collaborate on Azure Databricks so that steps can be made to implement a use case.
Structure of the Workshop:
Nate Harris, General Manager for Data & AI at Microsoft, will open up the workshop with welcomes and introductions. He will then handover to the Databricks team for presentations and demos. During the session, a chat for Q&A will be open to answer any questions.
Who should attend:
The intended audience for this workshop would be the core of the project team for your use case. Typically these are roles like Data Engineers and Data Scientists, but also Business Owners benefit from insights on the value Azure Databricks can bring to the business.
- Welcome and introductions
- Introduction to the Azure Databricks Lakehouse
- Delta Lake: Data Reliability & Performance
- Unity Catalog: Fine Grained Governance for Data & AI
- Data Engineering & Streaming
- Databricks SQL & BI: Data Warehousing
- End-to-end Data Science and Machine Learning
- Wrap Up and Q&A