Instructor-led Training FAQ
- Databricks Academy Logistics – Approximately 23 hours prior to the start time of your course, your meeting link will be available in the course session you’re enrolled in. We encourage you to join the session at least 15 minutes early on the first day so you are ready when class begins.
Please login to your Academy account using your username and you will find your registered course on the home page under Enrolled Learning. If the timezone does not reflect correctly in your Academy account, please update the timezone in your account.
If you have not logged into your account previously, please view your Academy account creation email and reset your password to successfully login.
If you need assistance with this enrollment, you can submit a support ticket.
- Workspace – Databricks will provide an enterprise Databricks workspace to be used throughout the training. This way, the DBU and VM costs are included in the cost of training, and ensures all students have the necessary level of permissions. You will be given the credentials to login on the first day of your class. This Databricks workspace will expire shortly after the end of the course. If your company laptop has any firewall restrictions, we recommend that you bring a personal laptop for the training.
- Meeting Platform – Zoom is our chosen online platform to deliver classes. Ensure you can access Zoom by clicking here. If your organization has purchased private training and cannot use Zoom, we can work with you on an alternate solution. Dual displays are recommended for easy viewing of your course material and the instructor’s presentation.
- Slack – Some classes may also leverage Slack for classroom communication. Please test Slack by clicking here. If you are having difficulty connecting to Slack, try disconnecting from your VPN or joining from your personal computer.
- Cameras – Data has shown that learners who turn on their camera during class have higher satisfaction scores. While we understand not everyone will be able to keep their camera on the entire class, we do encourage learners to turn on their camera.