Legacy data warehouses are costly to maintain, unscalable and cannot deliver on data science, ML and real-time analytics use cases. Migrating from your enterprise data warehouse to Databricks lets you scale as your business needs grow and accelerate innovation by running all your data, analytics and AI workloads on a single unified data platform.
The case for modernizing your enterprise data warehouse
Enterprise data warehouses have traditionally supported only historical reporting — with no support for forward-looking prescriptive and predictive analytics. They also cannot handle semi-structured, unstructured or real-time data and are not set up for advanced analytics use cases that data science teams need to drive ML and AI–powered innovations. If that wasn’t enough, EDWs store data in closed proprietary formats, impose rigid vendor lock-ins and are prohibitively expensive to scale.
Read this TDWI report on how you can overcome these challenges by transitioning from a data warehouse to a data lakehouse.
Why migrate your data warehouse to the Databricks Lakehouse?
Simplify your data platform
Migrate with confidence
Technical guidance for data migration, ETL and code migration, and BI reporting
Leverage Brickbuilder Solutions from leading consulting partners — built for migrating your data warehouse to the Databricks Lakehouse
Streamline data migration to the Databricks Lakehouse PlatformGet started
Quicker migration from on-premises at lower costGet started
Auto-transform ETL, data warehouse, analytics and Hadoop workloads to DatabricksGet started
Confidently move your data to DatabricksGet started
Accelerate SAS migration to the Databricks Lakehouse Platform with improved qualityGet started
Ensure a rapid and sound migration processGet started
Customers who have successfully migrated their data warehouse to Databricks
- Modernize Your Data Warehouse
- How to Automate the Modernization and Migration of Your Data Warehousing Workloads to Databricks Lakehouse
- Data Transformation in the Lakehouse Made Simple With Fivetran and Databricks
- Tableau Unleashed With a Data Lakehouse
- LeapLogic — A Cloud Accelerator for Transformation of Legacy Analytics, ETL, DW and Hadoop
- Data Warehousing Modeling Techniques and Their Implementation on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform
- Prescriptive Guidance for Implementing a Data Vault Model on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform
- Five Simple Steps for Implementing a Star Schema in Databricks With Delta Lake
- Dimensional Modeling Best Practices and Implementation on a Modern Lakehouse
Migration doesn’t have to be a headache. Contact us today to talk about what it could look like for you.